Author: Itzik Ben-Gan
Gain a solid understanding of T-SQL-and write better queries Master the fundamentals of Transact-SQL-and develop your own code for querying and modifying data in Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
Led by a SQL Server expert and a SolidQ’ inhouse author, you’ll learn the concepts behind T-SQL querying and programming, and then apply your knowledge with exercises in each chapter. Once you understand the logic behind T-SQL, you’ll quickly learn how to write effective code-whether you’re a programmer or database administrator.
Discover how to:
• Work with programming practices unique to T-SQL
• Create database tables and define data integrity
• Query multiple tables using joins and subqueries
• Simplify code and improve maintainability with table expressions
• Implement insert, update, delete, and merge data modification strategies
• Tackle advanced techniques such as window functions, pivoting and grouping sets
• Control data consistency using isolation levels, and mitigate deadlocks and blocking
• Take T-SQL to the next level with programmable objects