Author: Paul Turley, Robert M.Ken Withee, Grant Praisley, Thiago Silva
A must-have guide for the latest updates to the new release of Reporting Services.
SQL Server Reporting Services allows you to create reports and business intelligence (BI) solutions. With this updated resource, a team of experts shows you how Reporting Services makes reporting faster, easier and more powerful than ever in web, desktop, and portal solutions.
- Builds on the previous edition while also providing coverage of the new features introduced with SQL Server 2012
- Explains Reporting Services architecture and BI fundamentals
- Covers advanced report design and filtering techniques, walking you through each design, discussing its purpose and the conditions where it could be more efficient
- Discusses semantic model design, Report Builder, Crescent, and more
- Targets business analysts and report designers as well as BI solution developers
Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services is mandatory reading if you are eager to start using the newest version of SQL Server Reporting Services.
From the Back Cover
Build your SQL Reporting, Power View, and SharePoint BI skills
Whether you’re creating an invoice for a small business or a BI dashboard to help manage a multinational corporation, you need to deliver accurate information. This book shows you how to accomplish this by walking you through Microsoft’s reporting platform. You’ll dive into SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services’ architecture and BI fundamentals, as well as the key ingredients to successful report design. You’ll then get up to speed on building business reports with Report Builder and using Power View to make fast, interactive, visual analytics pervasive and accessible to business users.
Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services:
- Demonstrates self-service reporting with Report Builder, using wizards, and simple design tools
- Helps you design highly visual and attractive business reports with dynamic formatting, drill-down, and drill-through actions
- Provides the tools to build BI dashboards, scorecards, and performance indicators
- Demonstrates building BI Semantic Models, interactively exploring data in Power View, and creating compelling presentations
- Features helpful examples, hands-on code, and resourceful solutions for common problems
- Demonstrates how to integrate Reporting Services with SharePoint, configure and use Power View, and manage a native mode report server